ABOUT MICROBIOLOGY DEPARTMENT & OUT COMES
Department of Microbiology was established here in pre independance year 1938 after the increased the straingth of students science faculty get separated as a science college and continue in other sister colleges of our society.
Later on the demand of quality education and students we again start Department of Microbiology Science on self finance basis from the session 2016-17 with the objective of imparting quality education in the field of microbiology. Department has a well equipped.Students can easily interact with teachers and staff.
Department organised verious activies for the students like verious programming, poster presentation, seminar, quiz, project competition. Also arrenge the campus interview for the final year students
PSO & SUBJECT OUTCOMES
After completing the whole course:
Graduate can work in the field of:–Academics, Industry(water and biotechnology companies ,food and drink) pharmaceuticals, Environmental organizations, Public health organizations, laboratories, healthcare and Publicly funded research organizations.
The graduate get eligibility in the govt institute/Organization include: FSSAI, National Health Mission, DRDO, NCDC, IRCTC, HPCL Biofuels, Tea Board, National Tuberculosis Institute (NTI), KIIDC,CSIR – CSMCRI and so many govt jobs.
Significant employers of microbiologists graduate include: The state government, excluding education and hospitals—18%Universities, colleges, and professional schools; state, local and private—14%Medicine manufacturing and pharmaceutical—32%Research and development in life sciences—36%.
Course: Sem-1 Fundamentals of Microbiology and Microbial Physiology
- Detailed History of microbiology and contribution of scientists.
- Different types of Microorganisms (outline)
- Distribution of Microorganisms in nature, and their beneficial and harmful activities.
- Principles, construction, ray diagram, and applications: of all types of microscopes
- In practical they will understand the Construction, operation, and utility of Laboratory equipment.
Course: Sem-2 Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biostatistics & Computers
- Discovery of viruses: its Structure, Classification, Replication, Cultivation, etc
- MICROBIAL CONTROL: Sterilization, disinfection, Antiseptic, Sanitizer, Germicide, Microbiostatis, Antimicrobialagent.
- APPLIED ASPECTS OF MICROORGANISMS IN -Agriculture, Biofertilizers & Biopesticides, Antibiotics, Vaccines,etc
- students will understand types of BIOSTATISTICS applied in microbiology
Course: Sem-3 Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering.
- By the end of this course, students will understand:
- Concepts of: Gene multiplication and expression.
- Concepts of : Gene regulation and Mutation.
- Genetic recombination and it’s Mechanism: Breakage and reunion, breakage etc.
- Tools and Techniques of genetic engineering: Isolation of Genomic and Plasmid DNA from bacteria.
Course: Sem-4 Medical Microbiology.
- Epidemiology: Types of infection and modes of transmission.
- Immunology: Organs and cells of the immune system general Nonspecific factors and types of immunity.
- Serology: Antigens, antibodies and it’s a reaction.
- Pathogenic bacteria and it’s morphology, cultural, biochemical properties, pathogenesis, laboratory diagnosis.
Course: Sem -5 Environmental Microbiology and Bioinstrumentation.
- Microbial Associations and Air Microbiology.
- Assessment of Water Quality and Treatment
- Different types of microorganisms in air,techniques for microbiological analysis of air.
- Microbiology of Soil, also cycles of elements in nature.
- Also they will understand water and waste water treatment.
Course: Sem-6 INDUSTRIAL MICROBIOLOGY.
- Fermentation:Screening, Scale up process,Inoculum buildup,etc.
- Industrial Productions of Ethyl-alcohol,liquor,Beer,Wine,Acetone- Butanol from corn,etc
- Industrial Productions of Baker’s yeast,Penicillin,Amylase : Bacterial and fungal,Vitamin B12.
- Microbiology in Milk: Pasteurization of milk : LHT, HTST, UHT,Phosphatase test.
- They will understand brief about : Enzymology and Metabolism.